First Day of School

The first day of school was on Tuesday and to say that I was harassed that day would be an understatement. As we were in FL for Tween1’s locker night where they were given their lockers and locker combinations, Tween1 didn’t have a locker for the first day of school. Which meant he had to lug around all his school supplies in a paper bag. Which meant that he had to come to school early so that he can talk to someone who’ll give him his locker info. And since school starts real early for him this year – 7:40 am as opposed to 8:45 AM, he had to make it to school before 7:20 am. Which meant that he had to be driven to school before 7:00 am. Which meant that I had to wake up around 6:00 am. Which I never really do. I am not a morning person. Never was, never will be.

But oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do and so he was driven to school only to be told that it’ll be done later. The poor kid had to carry all his school supplies in a paper bag and he came home with blisters on his fingers. So we had to go back again to the school and told them about the locker thing and they told us to do it the next day because it has to be done specifically on the 5th period.

So Tween1 finally got his locker the next day.

Tween2 on the other hand wasn’t able to go to his school open house because of the FL thing. And so he didn’t know where his room is located. And so after I dropped off Tween1, I had to go with Tween2, walk with him to his classroom and made sure he was okay.

Let’s not forget my MIL in this equation. She had to be taken to the dentist at 8:30 am as she had a toothache. At the same day my kids were starting school. And after an hour at the dentist, we had to go to Walmart to fill her prescription. And we had to wait for 2 hours because, as the pharmacy tech sternly informed me: “there are 100 hundred people before you”.

We got home just in time for me grab a quick lunch and went and picked up the kids.

Back to school, back to craziness.

Published in: on September 5, 2008 at 10:43 pm  Comments (6)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

6 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. my, ang gulo! that’s a crazy organization indeed!

    sinabi mo pa, ana. naloka kamo ang beauty ko!

  2. wow! bring tons of patience next time.

    hailey, i did. otherwise i would’ve just given up. but oh well, we gotta do what we gotta do.

  3. at least hindi traffic gaya dito 😀

    very true, julie.

  4. Oh wow!! That’s crazy indeed! You have 2 tweens na pala ano?

    Back to school means back to quiet times too?

    I’m also glad my BigSis is in school, it’s only 4 hours but I’m just as happy!

    maps, yes, i have 2 tweens. and i am loving the quiet! wow, BigSis is in school now!

  5. i were once in your shoes except i didn’t have MIL in the equation. it is hard getting all settled at school during the first week, and you wish you could do something to make things easy for your children.

    that is one busy Wal-Mart you have there. it is time, they open another one to accomodate the population’s need.

    i guess we all pass this phase in life with the kids- the craziness, etc. so glad to know your MIL wasn’t included in yours. LOL
    I dunno why the Walmart was very busy that day. Guess it was just me having bad luck that day. 😦

  6. Hi Mary,
    Aren’t you glad you survived such a day? I wish you better days. I would have gone nuts.

    Hi Tina, thanks! I am so glad it’s over and it’s gotten easier after that. Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: